Yes, you read that correctly … Fettuccine Alfredo. Of course, this is going to be a MUCH healthier version than what most of us are used to. But decidedly yummy! This is yet another contribution from my friend, Kim, who is simply amazing with the recipes. This has been fully Lean & Green approved by TSFL’s Nutrition Support, so anyone following the 5&1 plan can enjoy this and know they are staying true to program!
1 cup spaghetti squash (or you could substitute 8 oz Shirataki noodles, but I prefer spaghetti squash these days!)
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Herb & Garlic cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp light butter, melted
1 tbsp light Parmesan cheese
6 oz cooked chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup broccoli, steamed
1. Cook spaghetti squash. Easiest way I’ve found to do this is to carve a large X in one side of the squash, place it in the microwave and cook on high for about 10 minutes. It is then soft enough to cut through easily. After it has cooled slightly, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, then remove the squash by scraping it out with a fork.
2. Grill or cook chicken breasts.
3. Put Laughing Cow cheese in bottom of a large bowl and “smoosh” around.
4. Add squash on top of Laughing Cow cheese.
5. Add garlic and stir ingredients well.
6. While stirring, add butter to help blend ingredients well.
7. Slowly sprinkle Parmesan cheese and stir.
8. Add cooked chicken breasts and steamed broccoli
1 Leaner portion
3 Vegetable portions
1 healthy fat
As listed, this makes one serving. Obviously, to create this meal for your entire family, just increase the ingredients accordingly – and this is one the whole family will enjoy!