We still have a plethora of spaghetti squash coming out of our garden … and we also love a good stir fry. So here is how I combined the two this week! This was super yummy & filling, as well as healthy! And, since most of the veggies came right out of my garden, it was very economical. You can use whatever combination of veggies you like and have on hand. I try to stick to mostly lower carb veggies, but it’s fun to mix it up a bit. All measurements are cooked weights & measurements – to get as much as the recipe calls for, you may want to add a few oz to your pre-cooked portion.
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup fresh green beans, chopped
1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup cooked spaghetti squash (click here to see how I cook mine)
1-1/2 lbs chicken tenderloin, diced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp garlic
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp lime juice
1. Dice chicken & add to saute pan with 2 tsp oil. Allow to cook til done. Remove from pan.
2. Add remaining tsp of olive oil along with the diced peppers, celery & green beans. Saute until slightly tender. Add sliced mushrooms & saute until tender.
3. Mix together soy sauce, lime juice & minced garlic. Add to vegetables. Simmer for 1 minute.
4. Reduce heat & add chicken back into pan. Leave on low heat until heated through.
5. While the above is cooking, prepare spaghetti squash. Allow to cool slightly. Cut open, scoop out the seeds, and run a fork lengthwise along the inside of the squash to produce spaghetti like strands.
6. Place 1/3 cup of spaghetti squash on each place & top with 1/3 of the stir fry.
Makes 3 full servings. Each serving consists of:
1 Leaner Protein
3 Green Servings
1 Healthy Fat