A great recipe that I found on ZestyCook.com. I made these for Super Bowl Sunday & they were a hit. I have done them since in a slightly healthier version, using chicken tenderloin. Cook time was the same using the tenderloin, but all ovens are different, so you might want to check them around 30-35 minutes to be sure. I also used a salt substitute, since we’re cutting back on sodium. The sauce was to die for. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Total cost was around $1.50 per serving.
- Chicken Wings ( tips removed )
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin Sauce (couldn’t find any, so I just used a wing sauce I found that had no sugar in it)
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup (Hunts – with NO high fructose corn syrup)
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar (I used the Splenda/Brown Sugar which has 1/2 the sugar in it)
- Splash of Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat chicken dry. Season chicken wings with salt and pepper. Place them in the oven and cook for 40-50 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pan, place on medium heat and add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. One everything is combined thoroughly bring to a boil.
- Remove wings from the oven and place in a large bowl.
- Add the sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve with some fresh veggies and a big glass of ice water!