Found another fun way to incorporate cauliflower into the family menu! And au gratin is always a yummy treat. This is a fabulous way to do it in a healthy way. And, if you are following the program we coach, this is fully compliant with program!
- 1 snack Multi-Grain Crackers
- 1 slice Turkey Bacon (raw)
- 1 1/2 cup Raw Cauliflower
- 1/2 tbsp Sage
- 3 oz Cheese, mozzarella, reduced fat
- 1/4 cup Bertolli light Alfredo sauce (2 condiments)
1. Add raw cauliflower to boiling water & let steam for about 3 minutes, or until softened.
2. Preheat oven to 425F.
3. Strain the cauliflower to remove excess water.
4. Stir the cauliflower into the alfredo sauce. Add the sage & crumbled turkey bacon.
5. Once the cauliflower is evenly coated with cheese sauce, pour into a greased baking pan.
6. Dust the top of the cauliflower with the crushed Medifast crackers & the shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the top is a nice toasty brown.
Per serving this provides 1 Lean, 3 Green, 2-1/2 Condiments, and 1 Optional Snack. Recommend limiting turkey bacon to 1 oz (equivalent to 1 oz lean protein) due to higher sodium content.
Extra Tip: Silicone baking pans work best if available. Glass baking pans work well too.